Safeguarding Trash Chute Installation and Safety in Toronto
Toronto is one of the states with many construction projects in America. The state seems to have an
unlimited market for new construction work, renovation, and demolition. The Toronto real estate
market is at the receiving end of all the projects being undertaken.
However, as much as construction companies are thriving in Toronto, complying with the regulation of
OSHA is expedient. This is because it also involves the construction employees' safety and wellness and
the company’s cost management. Given this, installing construction debris chute is unavoidable.
As construction companies install debris chutes on project sites, they must ensure that the trash chute is
safeguarded or secured to prevent an accident from falling. OSHA instructed that construction chutes
must be installed whenever debris will be dropped from at least 20 feet high to any point outside the
walls’ exterior on the project sites.
However, there have been recorded cases of workplace injuries caused by construction debris chutes
through falling debris down from unprotected edges or sides. To prevent such unprecedented issues,
the construction waste chute must be properly installed must be protected.
From the foregoing construction chutes' installation must be properly done by or professionals following
the manufacturer’s guidelines. You cannot ignore the manufacturer’s instructions regarding installation
and safety. This will keep everyone safe both inside and outside of the building being worked on.
There are two types of chutes – short or large chutes based on their sizes. Meanwhile, large chutes may
need to be supported with a second frame to withstand the weight of the chutes and the debris thrown
Proper Trash Chute Installation for Safety
To prevent workplace accidents and injuries on Toronto project sites, it is essential that construction
chutes are professionally installed following the right procedures and guidelines. Some instructions or
steps for proper installation are discussed below:
- Adequate numbers of plastic chutes should be installed.
- Chutes’ section of angle 45 degrees and above from the horizontal must be firmly closed to prevent
- A guardrail must be installed as well as proper ground controls guaranteed
- Proper training must be carried out with adequate persons involved
- Support frame should be installed for additional support and metal chains used to hold them together
- The installation should be a mechanism using lifting chains, lifting bars, and a winch.
- Highly visible warning lines must be put in place to warn people about the installed debris chutes.
Contact HodChutes for professional installation of construction chutes to guarantee the safety of
workers on the site.